This podcast features Richard ‘Richie’ McCaw, former New Zealand Rugby Union player and 2-time world cup winning captain of the All Blacks. From being approached at school about one day playing for the New Zealand Rugby team to then being highlighted as an All Black Great, Richie makes it really clear that hard work, perseverance, and dedication is what helped him transform this opportunity into a reality.
“You do need the talent, there is no doubt on that. But a lot is attributed to instinct, perseverance, work ethics – a healthy mind set. You’ve got to have the mindset to put in the hard yards and there is no substitute for hard work! It’s not just hard work though its being smart. You need to understand the whole game and a range of things to help you perform.” – Richie McCaw
Tune in to listen to how Richie achieved the dreams of every young NZ rugby fan.
Shaun McCambridge – Inspirational Leaders Podcast
Shaun McCambridge is the Managing Director of Stellar Recruitment, a devoted husband and father to four spritely children. Shaun created the Inspirational Leaders series to inspire emerging leaders and to shine a light on what it takes to be an inspirational leader.
- Richie McCaw
- New Zealand Rugby Union
- All Blacks
- Going the extra mile
- Don’t be too critical on yourself
- Always got to be better
- Perform the simplest tasks to help make you better
- See things as opportunities rather than a burden
- Change your outlook when under pressure
- Never having a bad day through preparation
- Don’t let your team mates down
- Empowering leadership style
- Have your senior management debates behind closed doors
- Sweep the sheds
- The team is bigger than any individual
- Focus on process rather than the outcome
- Don’t tell people what the goal is, ask them what they think
- Play with courage
- Why not?
- Enjoy the journey along the way
- Don’t leave anything to chance
- Constantly challenge yourself
- Focus and persistence
Also available on: